The last five years have felt like the equivalent of a roller coaster ride. Organizations are faced with a high level of volatility with demand levels, competitive pressure and commodity price levels. The traditional supply and demand cycles have disappeared. Today organizations are confronted to both flat demand levels and rising commodity prices. As a result, there has never been a better time to manage price changes with purpose. When inflationary pressures are serious and erratic, organizations and their pricing team have to manage price increases and potentially price decreases in a very structured and professional manner.
In this presentation, Stephan Liozu, Ph.D gives practical steps on how to manage a price increase process and a price decrease process. He shares practical experience with price change initiatives he was able to lead and execute throughout his career. Stephan also proposes key success factors on how to manage both processes so that customers feel treated with fairness and respect.
This online course presents a unique and holistic management of price changes. Stephan Liozu conducted an in-depth review of the existing literature and combined these results with 20 years of price management in B2B environments. The end result is a state-of-the-art exclusive presentation for the Pricing Society membership.
Pricers will learn:
- Participants will be introduced to the new reality with commodity price pressure and why it is critical to manage price changes purposefully
- Participants will learn the various approaches and processes to manage price increases
- Participants will discover practical ways to make price increases successful and how to get the sales force on board
- Participants will also learn why manage price decreases is equally important to build good will and to control price erosion when commodity prices go down
- Participants will learn how to make the management of price changes strategic and how to build long term capabilities for future price increase and decrease actions.